Kathryn

Kathryn
My Family (August 2010)

Saturday, July 30, 2011

I'm grateful for my Mom

This past week I had the opportunity to go to Montana with my mom, where we spent time with her sister, cousin, and their spouses. We drove over Logan Pass twice, on the way down it was really foggy and rainy and cold. The drive home yesterday was much more pleasant; the weather was lovely. We walked the traditional Trail of the Cedars, and up to Sunrift Gorge, and we saw two mountain goats and a moose. We also did some shopping. So we were in Target paying for our stuff, I was going to purchase "Anastasia" on DVD and my mom said "you can put that with my stuff, one of the benefits of vacationing with your mother". And I said "I love vacationing with my mother". Then the cashier chimed in and said "enjoy it while you can, I lost mine last fall and I miss her so much, I used to call her every Saturday and now Saturdays are so hard for me". And I said "I call my mom every Saturday". So at this point all three of us teared up a bit and it was just one of those moments that made me really appreciate my mom, not just because she buys me stuff and does my laundry and feeds me when I visit, but because she's a really great person and I love her a lot. The rest of my family members, immediate and extended, are also awesome, but there are just too many of them to name.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kathryn! I didn't know you had a blog, but I'm glad I found it, b/c this totally relates to my feelings for my mom! I just wrote her an email the other day to tell her she's my best friend and I love her! It's great to have great moms... and a bonus when you score w/ a great mother in law too! :) Hope you're doing great! you should update your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete